Friday, September 04, 2009

boycott cel.ro

Ok, another boycott post. What can I say - I like complaining.

This time my target is cel.ro.

A couple of days ago I wanted to buy a Samsung 2343bw monitor. After some search on the net, I've decided to buy it from cel.ro. Big mistake.

The shop asked for my address and told me they'll deliver the monitor after 18:30. Around 20, I get a phone call that the courier can't deliver the monitor any longer, but I will get a phone call the next day. The next day (today), I get a new phone call around 11 that they can't deliver at all the monitor after 18:30 at my address. They will deliver the monitor at another address or I can come and pick it myself. Unsatisfied by any of the options, as I don't fancy myself walking with a bulky monitor in the Metro, I decided to cancel the buy entirely.

To warn others, I then tried to post a comment on the cel.ro web site. Apparently the comments are moderated or something as my two attempts were fruitless. Or was it because my comment was not flattering enough? Who knows.

Anyway, the attitude from cel.ro makes me believe that the economic crisis has somehow steered clear of Romania - there is still not enough competition to make the local sellers treat decent their customers and they probably still consider they are doing us a big service by their mere existance, that they can survive by not adapting to their customers' needs and that we should accept any conditions they try to force on us.

To conclude, check on price.ro or some similar site for good deals and stay clear of cel.ro.

4 comments:

  1. Mocanu Cristian2/24/2010 1:25 PM

    Salut borco. Nu e de vina cel.ro ci firma de curierat e varza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salut.

    Dupa mine, tot problema celor de la cel.ro este, ca nu stiu sa-si aleaga firma de curierat.

    Eu am avut si alte probleme (meciuri) cu cei de la cel.ro si am ajuns sa nu mai iau de la ei nimic.

    Preturile sunt destul de bune (conform cu http://price.ro/), dar cu "customer service" sunt varza. Cel putin asa a fost cand am fost eu customer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mocanu Cristian2/25/2010 10:13 AM

    ohaio gouzaimas ! nu stiu daca ma mai tii minte, am fost colegi la 1&1, eu eram tl la java

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salut,

    Bineinteles ca tiu minte :-P

    ReplyDelete